WordPress has been around since 2003 and is the most popular blogging software on the market. Over the past few years, WordPress has also become the content management software of choice for both blogging and non-blogging websites. Here are the top 5 reasons why WordPress is so popular and why you might want to consider using the WordPress platform for your business website:
- Ease of Use – WordPress is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Adding new pages, blog posts, images, etc. on a regular basis can be done quickly. Because the technology is so straight forward, time spent on formatting is greatly reduced.
- Google Friendly – WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index. Each page, post, and image can be individually optimized. With 89% of consumers using search engines to locate their goods and services, it is more important than ever to rank higher than your competition.
- You Are in Control of Your Site – No more waiting for your web designer to make simple updates to your site. With WordPress, you have control of nearly every aspect of your site and can easily make those simple updates yourself.
- Plugin Functionality – Want to add an event calendar, video gallery or slide show, Twitter Feed, Facebook Fan Box, Newsletter Opt In, and more to your site? WordPress makes this possible with plugins, most of which are free or can be purchased at a very reasonable price.
- Your Site Can Grow as Your Business Grows – WordPress sites are scalable. You can start small and grow into having hundreds of pages or blog posts on your site. You can add ecommerce, membership or most anything else you can think of.
Many of our clients contract with us to design the overall look and feel of their website. And that is what we do well. The beauty is that once we have implemented their site, they can take over simple maintenance of the content or their images themselves. This saves them time, money and headaches when changes need to be made quickly.
WordPress is a great option for your business website. It grows with your business. And it also will help you grow your business.